With the hectic lifestyles of people today, online dating sites are more popular than ever. There are over 54 million single men and women in the U.S. and 41 million of those have tried an online dating site at one time or another. That is a substantial number, so there must be the need for successful dating sites and there must also be some dating success. Even though there are more women between the ages of 18 and 65 in the U.S., the users of dating sites estimate 52 percent of the users are men with 48 percent female.
Why Should I Try an Online Dating Site?
There are many reasons to date online. Here are the top five.
- Singles have hectic schedules with little time to hunt for a date.
- It is a quick and convenient way to find friends, dates and life partners.
- The user is able to meet people they would have never met otherwise.
- With a good profile, you can find people who truly match your qualities and characteristics.
- Initial communication can be accomplished online with little risk.
The top two dating sites are eHarmony and Match.com. EHarmony has approximately 15.5 million members while Match.com has 21.5 million members. The average yearly cost paid by a member is $289.00, but the encouraging news is that 17 percent of users who met online have married. That’s a meaningful number of marriages.
How to be Successful in Meeting Your Match
- Select a good photo. A photo in a favorite location or doing a favorite activity often shows you at your best.
- Create a detailed profile that expresses your personality, but doesn’t give away privy information.
- Use online dating safety. Get accustomed to chatting online, and start sharing slowly, and only what you are comfortable with.
- Patience is key. Chances are you will not land a date the minute you post your profile. Take time to get to know the perspectives; there’s no reason to rush.
- Have fun meeting different people. Online dating was designed so the user could meet many people for friendship or for dating. When someone doesn’t click, you can politely move on to another.
There are many dating sites to choose from, but the most successful sites are Zoosk, Match.com, eHarmony, Our Time, Christian Mingle, Black People Meet, Plenty of Fish, JDate and ExclusiveOnlineDating.com.
Steve Anderson, founder of Fuck buddy, is committed to guiding his readers through the ups and downs of finding and leaving love. As an author and expert in the field of dating she aspires to create content that is tailor-made for the modern dating world.
Growing up, Steve observed his parents’ grow in love and commitment with every year they were married. But, following a series of tough break-ups, Steve discovered that finding true love wasn’t as easy as he had thought. he then decided to pursue a career as a dating coach. Through his educational and life experience he learned that each situation requires a personalized approach, dependent on the values and desires of each of his clients. Since then he has become a sought-after expert on the nature of the dating game and how to win at it!